Monday 27 June 2016

Book Review - Saturday Requiem by Nicci French

Hey!!

I've been away 2 days, but I really missed my blog! I have so many eARCs to review, and I was getting really stressed out about the fact that I was only a third of the way through it, so I decided to just let it go and do my review now. Enjoy!

General Information -

Title - Saturday Requiem
Author - Nicci French
Series - Frieda Klein
ISBN - 9780718179649
Price - £16.99 (GBP)
Publish Date - 30th June 2016


Summary -

Frieda Klein reluctantly faces a case that penetrates to her very core. Saturday Requiem is classic Nicci French - a dark, gripping and sophisticated masterclass in psychological suspense in which nothing is quite what it seems . . .
***Thirteen years ago eighteen year old Hannah Docherty was arrested for the brutal murder of her family. It was an open and shut case and Hannah's been incarcerated in a secure hospital ever since.
When psychotherapist Frieda Klein is asked to meet Hannah and give her assessment of her she reluctantly agrees. What she finds horrifies her. Hannah has become a tragic figure, old before her time. And Frieda is haunted by the thought that Hannah might be as much of a victim as her family; that something wasn't right all those years ago.
And as Hannah's case takes hold of her, Frieda soon begins to realise that she's up against someone who'll go to any lengths to protect themselves . . .


My Thoughts -

This book is the sixth in a series, so I haven't read as much into it as I could have. This was also my first time reading a psychological thriller/mystery, and to be honest I don't think it's a genre that I like. Bearing that in mind, I gave it 3 stars out of 5.

I found this book hard to get lost in. I know it's not just me, because I can pick up other books perfectly well. I just found that while the plot was rather interesting, it wasn't something I couldn't put down, and I got distracted quite easily.

The story also seemed to go a bit fast. I found that they were interviewing one person after the other, after the other, and I didn't really have time to fully process all that had happened.

The characters seemed too stiff for my liking, and there were many different scenarios with different people, so I was never sure of who was speaking or where they were. It's the same as in conversations, there's a lot of speech with nothing else, and then you get lost and find it hard to know who's saying what.

For more information about the book please visit Goodreads.

Follow me on Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr and Goodreads -

Instagram - @wherebooksreign
Twitter - @S_CDerham
Tumblr - fastinternetequalsheaven21
Goodreads - Stephanie Derham




No comments:

Post a Comment