Wednesday 22 June 2016

Book Review - A Court Of Mist And Fury by Sarah J Maas

Heyy!

This book has been out for a little while, and I bought it just two days after it was released, however I didn't read it until a few days ago because I was reading another book which I couldn't get into and it put me into one of the worst reading slumps I have ever experienced. But I've read it now!


Summary/Blurb -

Feyre survived Amarantha's clutches to return to the spring court - but at a steep cost. Though she now has the powers of the High Fae, her heart remains human, and it can't forget the terrible deeds she performed to save Tamlin's people. Nor has Feyre forgotten her bargain with Rhysand, High Lord of the feared Night Court. As Feyre navigates its dark web of politics, passion, and dazzling power, a greater evil looms - and she might be key to stopping it. But only if she can harness her harrowing gifts, heal her fractured soul, and decide how she wishes to shape her future - and the future of a world cleaved in two.

(Summary taken from Goodreads)


My thoughts -

(WARNING - there may be spoilers). Honestly I used to ship Feyre and Tamlin but when Rhysand entered in A Court Of Thorns And Roses I was a little sceptical and I kind of thought something would happen with him. I'm so glad it did because I am one dedicated Feysand (Or Feyrhys) shipper now and yeah theyre soooooo meant to be together.

On the war front, I think they had good intentions but maybe forgot that there are other people making other plans too, so it didn't exactly go the way they thought.

The ending totally shocked me, and I was a little confused until the last, like, three pages, and then I was just like YES FEYRE YOU GO GIRL DESTROY THEM. Although I do think that the wedding could've been mentioned before. I mean you can't just leave something so significant like that out. Is that just me?

Anyways, I finished the whole book in two nights, and I was actually so hooked that I spent every last (spare) minute before school reading, and then I was too distracted by school to process it. If it had been a weekend, this book would have ruined me.

Praise for the Author -

Sarah J Maas is an auto-buy author for me, and I love her writing so so much. It's really eloquent and it has so many plot twists. I could never be bored with her books, and when the ACOTAR and TOG series end, I will continue to read her books just because they're hers.

For more information about the book please visit Goodreads.

Follow me on Instagram, Twitter, Goodreads and Tumblr -

Instagram - @wherebooksreign
Twitter - @S_CDerham
Goodreads - Stephanie Derham
Tumblr - fastinternetequalsheaven21 (Lame, I know. It was a year or two ago. I promise I'm cool.)








2 comments:

  1. I want to read this book so much. But I heard that this book gives you a major book hangover. SJM is an auto buy for me too. Anything she writes, I will read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it depends on how emotionally invested you are with the series and what you plan to do afterwards. For me, it was a simple case of leaving the book where I can see it. Others have had major breakdowns. You'll never know if you don't try!

      Delete