Friday 24 June 2016

Book Review - Hell or High Water by Hailey Edwards

Heyy!

This book was my very first ARC - I got it downloaded to my Kindle app and have been reading it over the past few days. I'm kinda disappointed, really, but that's something to talk about later.

General Information -

Title - Hell or High Water
Author - Hailey Edwards
Series - The Gemini Series
ISBN - 5364218756235
Price - $3.99 (USD)
Publish Date - 30th July 2016


Summary -

Camille Ellis has gone rogue agent, and there’s no turning back now. The conclave might have put the Charybdis case to bed, but Cam isn’t willing to let it lie. No badge doesn’t mean no backup these days.

As mate to an alpha warg, she has access to new and lethal resources. A whole pack full of them. And they all want justice for the sins committed against them.

But the stakes are higher than she knows, the secrets exposed darker than she feared, and the cost of winning higher than she ever imagined.

(Summary taken from Goodreads)


My Thoughts -

As I said before, I was kinda disappointed with this. I know it's the third in a series, and I haven't yet read the first two, but I thought there would be at least some indication of what happened previously. I found it totally confusing, and hard to get into. I had to almost force myself to read it because I kept turning my attention onto other things instead.

Furthermore, I usually like romance, but I found that there was just too much smush in this. I don't know if that's just me, but I found it sickening to read about.

As well as this, the story seemed to go too fast on the emotion front. I know that she is supposed to not have many feelings, but the ones that she did have were kinda downplayed. I mean, if she feels awkward, trapped, wants to run from whatever she's doing, then play it up.  I don't want to hear about how she had one doubt and then someone did something and then it's all okay again - I want to hear the ins and outs of her emotions. I want to have time to process it all.

I actually didn't finish this book. I stopped after chapter 5 because I thought why should I force myself to read something I'm clearly not interested in?


I won't do a praise for the author because I didn't like the book, but I also don't want to drag the author because I know that one book doesn't speak for all of the author's works, or what they're like at all, so I'll skip that bit.


For more information about the book please visit Goodreads.

Follow me on Instagram, Twitter, Goodreads and Tumblr -

Instagram - @wherebooksreign
Twitter - @S_CDerham
Goodreads - Stephanie Derham
Tumblr - fastinternetequalsheaven21 (Lame, I know. It was two years ago. I promise I'm cool.)







No comments:

Post a Comment